If you receive an iTunes gift via email, but don’t want to open iTunes, do the following to redeem the gift in a different program (e.g. App Store or iBooks):
- Open the email with the iTunes gift
- Right Click on the "Redeem Now" button and copy the link. The menu option is usually called something like "Copy Link" or "Copy Link Address…"
- In a text editor paste the link. The link should look something like
- The gift card code (same as scratching off a physical gift card) is the text between "code=" and "&mt". In this example it is
XABCD1234ABCD12X(not a real gift card code)
- Paste or type this code into the Redeem page of any of Apples app stores