My name is Kenji Yoshino. I am a Computer Security Professional. I am a CISSP and an OSCP. This is my blog/website with tips and tricks and tools for everything computer related and anything else that interests me. Some of my other interests are my dog, traveling, and finding deals.
I prefer using MacOS for a desktop OS, but regularly use Windows 7 and various Linux distributions as well. I prefer working with Linux for server applications and have been experimenting with Bash scripting. Debian is my preferred Linux distro.
- Phone: iPhone SE – while a larger screen and faster processor would be nice, I prefer a phone that fits easily in most pockets.
- Laptop: 11″ MacBook Air – with so much in the cloud, my ancient latopt continues to work fine for my needs (although I would like 8GB of RAM).
- Tablet: iPad Mini 3 with cellular – for when I need a bigger screen than my phone.
- Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2 – nice and compact, micro USB regchargable (so I don’t need to carry spare batteries), and hyper-fast scrolling.
- Router: Ubiquiti Networks Edge Router X – compact/low power router where I feel like I actually have control over the settings without building full Free BSD router.
- WiFi AP: Ubiquiti Networks Unifi UAP-AC-PRO – solid 802.11ac access point. I wanted the UAP-AC-PRO couldn’t justify the price difference.
- Security Key: Yubikey 4 – and independent device for my second factor.
- Daily Tech New Show podcast – good tech roundup and Tom Merritt works very hard to be unbiased or at least be self-aware enough to let the audience know when he is being biased.
- Securty Now! podcast – Steve Gibson‘s take on the current security news as well as deep dives into various technical topics.
- Paul’s Security Weekly podcast – Paul Asadoorian and friends talk security in a curmudgeonly (manytime crude) atmosphere.
- Krebs on Security blog – consumer/financial security focused blog.
- Threat Wire podcast – Shannon Morse provides a quick weekly roundup of security topics.
- Threatpost blog – If you’re concerned about Russia, this is run by Kaspersky. Quick way to identify security news topics.
- MacRumors – cell phone and computer ruomrs and annoucements from an Apple perspective.
- Wallet: Basics Minimalist Wallet – minimalist wallet that allows fairly easy access to credit cards.
My current rewards strategy.