7/22/15 Update: Items addressed in FW version 3.2 (released July 22, 2015) have been struck out.
I’ve been using my Pebble Time for about two weeks. It works great as a convenient notification/reminder device. Even though it is marketed as a "smartwatch" it is by no means, a smartphone replacement.
- Long battery life – I still charge my watch every night, but it has never reported under 90% charge.
- Subtle notifications – I find the small vibrations more noticeable than a phone.
- Convenient Calendar Access – pressing down quickly shows me the next appointment on my calendar.
- Lightweight (1.4 oz. with band, 0.8 oz. without band)
- Good range – I reliably receive notifications when I am at the at or beyond the "typical" Bluetooth range of 10m.
- Dim Backlight – the backlight provides minimal illumination
- Reflective Glass – glare on the glass makes the screen difficult to read at many angles
- Dependence on the built in iOS Calendar app
Areas for Improvement
These are items that Pebble could improve with a simple Firmware update.
- Customizable Backlight Timer – the backlight only stays on for about 3 seconds.
- On Demand Do Not Disturb Activation – when going into a movie or important meeting, I’d like a simple option to turn off all notifications
- Snooze on calendar notifications
I have not had any connectivity problems between my Pebble Time and my phone. I have not had to re-pair it or had any issues due to walking out of range of my phone.